Bushwalking & Expedition Transport
We’ll look after your transport needs, car shuffles and food drops from our base in Morwell.
- Australian Alps Walking Track (Walhalla to Mt Howitt section)
- McMillans Walking Track (Woods Point to Dargo High Plains)
- Howitt Bicycle Trail
- Bicentennial Horse Trail
Australian Alps network of parks spanning Victoria, NSW and ACT
Australian Alps Walking Track description, Annette Miller’s
AAWT notes 2006 Great Walhalla Alpine Walk, two days fully catered
Guide books by John & Lyn Daly
McMillan Walking Track description
Parks Victoria national parks in Victoria
Remote Fishing Trip Transport
We can provide transport, meals and camping gear to get you into some of the most remote, pristine streams in Gippsland and the Victorian high country. We can’t guarantee fish, but we can guarantee you’ll get to places where very few other fishermen get to cast a line.
For 2~5 day trips, you provide the fishing tackle (plus your bag of clothes and a sleeping bag) and we’ll provide the rest. Fish common to this area include blackfish, brown and rainbow trout, and sometimes redfin, eels, and freshwater crayfish.
Open season for fishing, and for access via many 4WD tracks, generally is November to early June (Blackfish Jan>Sept, Trout Sept>June). A Victorian Recreational Fishing Licence is required, which is readily obtainable from DSE offices and over 800 retail businesses throughout the state.
Rivers to which we can provide 4WD access include:
- Latrobe River/Ada River/Tarago River
- Loch River/Toorongo River/Hawthorne Creek
- Tanjil River, east and west branches/Tyers River/Rintouls Ck
- Thomson River, above and below Thomson Dam/Jordan River
- Aberfeldy River/Donnellys Creek
- Deep Creek/Stoney Creek/Glenmaggie Creek
- Macalister River
- Ben Cruachan Creek/Avon River
- Goulburn River headwaters/Black River
- Barkly River/Caledonia River
- Wellington River/Carey River/Lake Tali Karng
- Moroka River/Wonnangatta River/Humffray River
- Crooked River/Wongungarra River
- Dargo River/Wentworth River/Mitchell River
To obtain more detailed maps of these areas click here.
Our transport service departs from Morwell, in Latrobe City, which is situated 160km east of Melbourne, about 1½~2 hours away by road or rail.
V/Line train services Melbourne to Traralgon.
Each vehicle can transport up to 4 passengers with camping equipment, catering and fishing gear.