Travelling together is more fun, and these mini-buses can be driven with a normal car drivers licence. Available with automatic or manual transmissions, they are light and easy to drive, with good visibility in traffic. Being well-maintained older models, they are very affordable to hire, and are probably much more economical than having to take two or more cars to your destination. The Toyota Commuters have a basic vinyl interior, with cloth seats on the auto model. The Toyota Super Customs are full-time 4WD, and have a luxury interior with velour seats, triple sunroofs and dual climate control. All have modern radio tuners/CD players.
- Well maintained
- No special licence required
- First 150 km free, then 30 cents/km
- Discounts: 4~6 days 10%, 7~13 days 20%, >14 days 30%
- Optional trailer (6×4 with metal canopy, or 6×4 cage) $20/day
Base price is $130/day for 8-seater auto, ($135/day for 10, 12 or 14-seater auto) with extended hire discounts up to 30%. Significant discounts are available to “regular renter” customers. Contact us for details. Click here for online booking.
Rosa Mini-Coach or Mini-Buses
Mini-coach Hire provides you with a luxury 5 star self-drive 22-seater Mitsubishi Rosa or standard 25-seater Mitsubishi Rosas. A Light Rigid endorsed drivers licence is required.
- TV-DVD player facility.
- CD-tuner multi-speaker sound system.
- PA system with front and rear microphone jacks.
- Overhead luggage racks with individual ducted air-conditioning and reading lights.
- Reclining seats with folding arm-rests, foot rests, curtains and extra leg-room.
- Extra-comfortable driver’s seat (rally-style).
- Easy-access steps including slide-out bottom step.
- Air-bag cushioned rear suspension system.
- Batteries with manual isolator.
- Intercooled turbo-diesel with 5 speed manual transmission.
- Optional trailer with luggage racks, lighting, catering compartment with optional hot water dispenser. $35/day
Significant discounts are available to “regular renter” customers – contact us for details.
- Bus 1: Higer Roadboss Coach, 57-passenger^, with DVD-twin TV facility. Available for charters only.
- Bus 2: Toyota Commuter, 12-seater* (or 14-seater#), petrol engine, auto transmission. Base rate $135/day.
- Bus 3: Mitsubishi Rosa, 25-seater*#, diesel engine, manual transmission. Base rate $200/day.
- Bus 4: Toyota Super Custom, 10-seater*, diesel engine, auto transmission. Base rate $135/day.
- Bus 5: Toyota Super Custom, 8-seater*, diesel engine, auto transmission. Base rate $130/day.
- Bus 6: Toyota Commuter, 12-seater*, petrol engine, auto transmission. Base rate $135/day.
- Bus 7: Mitsubishi Rosa, 22-seater*#, diesel engine, manual transmission. Base rate $225/day.
- Bus 8: Mitsubishi Rosa, 25-seater*#, diesel engine, manual transmission. Base rate $200/day.
* = includes drivers seat # = requires heavy vehicle driver licence ^ = charter only, with MTE driver
Available for hire separately or with bus, $100/day. ESV compliant for cooking in public locations. Features:
- Water tank and hot water service.
- Two 30L fridge/freezers.
- Gas stove (4 burner) and barbecue.
- Storage tubs, cooking utensils and lighting.
- Twin batteries and chargers which can connect to 12v or 24v tow vehicles or 240v external supply.
Mini-Bus Hire Conditions
A current, full (manual transmission, not probationary), Australian, country of origin, or International driving licence is acceptable (at least Light Rigid for Rosa Buses). Please show at pick-up. The minimum age of drivers is normally 25 years, and only those drivers listed on the Form are authorised to drive the vehicle. We reserve the right to refuse any rental at our discretion.
Pick-up and drop-off:
At 143 Princes Drive, Morwell at the arranged time. For weekend hires, vehicle keys need to be picked up on the Friday. The number of days (daylight hours) between these periods is the basis for calculating the number of rental days.
Rental duration and kilometres:
Vehicles may be hired for durations of 1 day to 6 weeks. The daily rate allows for an average 150km travel. Additional kilometres are charged at 30 cents/km (40 cents/km for Rosa buses). Unless agreed otherwise in advance, the range of travel must be within Victoria or up to 100 km into NSW or South Australia. The vehicle is not to be used off-road or in snow conditions. Agreement must be obtained for any extension to the hire period, otherwise the vehicle may be reported to the police as stolen.
Although we run well-maintained vehicles, the need for minor repairs may arise. Any repairs costing over $100 will require our authorisation by phone. Costs will be reimbursed on the condition that receipts are provided when dropping off the vehicle, and the hirer was not responsible for the damage. We reserve the right to charge the hirer for any speeding/parking fines or accidents, including third party property damage, not reported on drop-off of the vehicle. For emergency roadside assistance, or in the event of an accident, contact Mountain-Top Experience on (03) 5134 6876 (the phone is diverted to a mobile after hours).
Buses have City Link Access Accounts for use on all toll roads. For small mini-buses this is charged to the hirer at $20/day, and for the Rosa buses at $30/day.
We aim to present our vehicles immaculately. Before departure please take a few minutes to inspect the vehicle and discuss with us any exterior or interior blemishes. After drop-off we will clean the vehicle and carry out a thorough inspection of bodywork, interior and running gear. Any bodywork/paint/windscreen/tyre damage, soiling of upholstery or missing/damaged equipment will be repaired at your cost (copies of quotes/invoices supplied). This may take a few days to finalise. It is requested that food and drink should not be consumed in transit, and any excessive cleaning resulting either from this, or use of the bus on muddy roads may result in an extra cleaning charge of at least $25. Consumption of alcohol on board is prohibited.
The vehicle fuel tank will be full on pick-up, and should be refilled at drop-off at your cost. If you prefer we can provide this service for $20 extra.
Refundable Security Deposit:
On pick-up of the vehicle a Security Deposit (bond) of $1,000 is payable ($1,200 for Rosa buses). This deposit is normally made by credit card details (sales voucher) which are not processed, then destroyed upon satisfactory return of the vehicle. (For Regular Renters see below)
Vehicles are insured for Comprehensive or Third Party Property damage. You (the hirer) are responsible for paying up to the following insurance excess charges for any claim (including windscreen and tyre damage):
8 – 12 seater buses: $2,500 (standard excess)
$1,000 (reduced excess)
22 – 25 seater buses: $4,500 (standard excess)
$1,800 (reduced excess)
Personal injury normally is covered by TAC Third Party Insurance, however we recommend that customers wishing to insure personal belongings should take out personal travel insurance.
Full payment of the daily hire cost (including trailer if required) is required as a booking deposit to confirm your reservation. Corporate or Government organisations may provide an official Purchase Order in lieu. Payments may be made online by credit card or bank transfer. Payments on pick up of the vehicle by cash, bank cheque, personal cheque or credit/debit card (Visa or Mastercard) can be arranged prior by contacting Mountain-Top Experience on 5134 6876. (However any payments by personal cheque or exceeding $2,000 by credit card must be received by 7 days prior to departure). The Security Deposit/Insurance Excess is usually effected by supply of credit card details, which are then destroyed after satisfactory return of the vehicle. Cancellations are not refundable. The balance of hire fee, comprising excess km charge, and any extras such as fuel, driver and toll charges are paid on return of the vehicle.
Regular Renter Option:
Reduced hire rates are available to customers contracting (for 12 months) to hire on a minimum of one day per month for every month of the year excepting January. Payment terms are 14 days on monthly invoice. The Security Deposit/Insurance Excess (bond) payment of $1,000 ($1,200 for Rosa buses) may be substituted by establishment of a Credit Account for which two trade references are required. Please call 51346876 to discuss pricing options.
Should you require a professional driver, we may be able to assist. The cost will be calculated based on the length and nature of your trip.
Mini-bus trailer, with canopy, lockable: $20/day extra.
Rosa trailer, enclosed, with side door, luggage racks and rear catering compartment: $35/day extra.
Catering trailer, with hot and cold water, cooking, fridge and storage facilities: $130/day extra.
Child seat, Booster seat or Navigation unit Options:
If required we can provide any of these: $5/day extra.